PDA

View Full Version : REEF 4 BEEF

BGG
12-01-2007, 07:42 PM
Here you go, the quickest garlic prawns to top your favourite piece of beef with! In fact, so good you could serve on its own with rice! You'll be a legend in your own lunchbox.

24 green prawns (allowing six per person)
Mirin - tablespoon (dry sherry can be used instead)
Light Soy Sauce - just a splash
Garlic - three nice plump cloves (more or less to suit your taste)
Birdseye chillie - two (more or less to suit your heat preference)
Tarragon - sprinkle
Salt & Pepper to taste
Lemon juice - 1 whole lemon or half cup of juice (can use Lemon Squeeze)
Splash of Olive oil
Good knob of butter
Cream - 250 ml

Wok or pan of choice

Ok now lets get ready

De-vein prawns if required (leave tails on if you want to look flash)
Crush garlic
Finely chop chillies (include seeds for heat if desired)

Mix Mirin, Soy Sauce, Lemon Juice, Garlic, Chillies, Salt & Pepper and Tarragon, plonk in the prawns and marinate for 30 minutes.

Wok time (now if serving as a sauce for choice of beef, get the steaks ready, garlic prawns takes 5 minutes tops)

Add knob of butter and olive oil to wok on medium to high heat.
Take prawns from marinade and add to butter/oil mix and stir fry for 2-3 minutes
Add marinade to wok and stir fry on high for 1 minute
Add cream to wok and continue to stir until cream starts to reduce (usually 1-2 minutes)
As soon as cream starts to reduce turn to low heat (the sauce will reduce pretty quickly so make sure those steaks are on the plate and resting!)

Serve with Beef and away you go.

This sauce can also be served separate to beef as an entree on a bed of rice, alternatively you can add other seafood bits and pieces and make yourself a wonderful marinara delight!

Enjoy!

BGG's chief cook and bottle washer

sandyd
22-04-2007, 02:54 PM
The mixture of flavours in this one just sounds so good. Will try this one out on my son tomorrow.

BGG
13-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Dandyd
Did you try it? Did you like it?

BGG
13-05-2007, 03:39 PM
Sandyd
Sorry
I have a head cold and I can't spell pripperleeee

Runamuck
15-05-2007, 08:12 AM
I will give it a go on the weekend, though i might substitute the tarragon for fresh corriander. What do you think???

BGG
15-05-2007, 12:26 PM
No such thing as a fixed recipe in my mind. Go for it and let me know how it goes. Should add a bit of a Thai influence. Yum!!!

MY-TopEnder
04-06-2007, 11:06 PM
I can vouch for these being brilliant!

I did use chilli flakes though, and really added alot of them. It certainly spiced things up but they were just delicious.

BGG
06-07-2007, 06:56 PM
pleased you enjoyed!!

BlazenBundy
27-07-2007, 07:38 AM
Thanks BGG, I tried this recipe last night and followed it to the word.

Bloody magnificant! Wifey was blown off her seat from the moment the first bite hit her tongue.

You got me some browny points...wink wink!!!

©Blaze'n'Bundy™®