PDA

View Full Version : Using Medical Insurance to pay for Fishing Tackle!

Wesley_Pang
21-09-2001, 02:21 PM
:o

I've just made my 1st claim for Fishing Tackle(Saltwater flyreel) on my Medical Insurance. I think this is an awesome!!!

I got back about 40% back, and have just about used my limit.

I suggest anyone with medical insurance check there policy or consider changing.

I think I'll get a conventional Billfish outfit next year.

Wes

Luke
21-09-2001, 04:44 PM
G'day Wes,
How does that work???
Ckeers Luke

Muzza
21-09-2001, 05:01 PM
Hey Fellas'
Yeah i did the same. My fund, you spend at least $150 you get back $100. You can do this twice a year(every 6 months). so for $300 a year you get back $200, better than nothing.
Cheers
Muzza
PS, have to be a certain cover.

Wesley_Pang
21-09-2001, 09:29 PM
Luke & Muzza,

I have MBF Diamond cover in QLD. I think MBF are waving most of the waiting times if you join before the end of Sept.

I think a family can claim up to $400 per year on sport equipment. I've got new sport shoes for the whole family too(I think this limit is seperate to the sport equipment limit because I've got a couple of $100 back on shoes already).

I suggest you give your health insurance a call and find out if your covered.

Muzza, I think it was your post about getting the cost of the fly rod back through health insurance, that got me to change my level of cover. Thanks.

Wes

Muzza
26-09-2001, 12:57 PM
Hey Wes,
Mate good stuff, these days it all helps to get something back. I just gotta get a handle on this fly outfit now. The funny thing is flickin around in the yard is fun , so I reckon I'll be blown away when I start hookin fish on it.
Cheers
Muzza

Heath
26-09-2001, 06:30 PM
Yep, I've been doing it for years 8), I'm with Manchester Unity & I get a claim for $100 every 6 calander months. Last claim paid for a good chunk of my TSS4.