PDA

View Full Version : S-Glass

ulua
29-09-2001, 10:25 PM
Hi, was wondering if any Australian blank manufacturer makes S-Glass blanks rated 40-60lb in 8' or 9'? (1 or 2pc is fine)

Master_Jig_Builder
01-10-2001, 11:44 AM
Ulua

Is that "s" for snider glass or flor something else? If for Snider then they are made here in Brisbane.

Let me know either way and if the latter then I can point you in the right direction.

Stuart
01-10-2001, 02:06 PM
Australian blank manufactures dont use S-Glass for the simple resone it is way to slow in action and responsivnes. E-Glass is widely used as it is cheap and slightly better than S-Glass. America is the only mass producer of S-Glass blanks that i know off.

Stuart Mackenzie
Precision Rods

ulua
01-10-2001, 06:27 PM
Sorry but I though S-Glass was supposed to be higher grade than E-Glass? It is said that S-Glass is lighter and stronger than the usual E-Glass sticks, also, glass is far tougher than full graphite sticks. In some cases, slower action glass blanks do work better than graphite ones. Ever wonder why G.Loomis finally decided to make the crankbait and pelagic series of rods?

Master_Jig_Builder
02-10-2001, 11:50 PM
Ulua

What is the rod going to be used for mainly?

allen
04-10-2001, 06:19 AM
Ill chuck my hat into this ring cos my pet hate has been brought up crank bloody baits

e glass is the lighter and more responsive of the two but were not talking much and it is glass afterall so I find it makes little difference in the scheme of things.

why have loomis made crankbaits.. its a marketing descision
designed totally for the american market. we have them here for the sole reason to make shimano a few more $$$$ not to improve aussie fishing.

allen

stuart email me will you

aussiebasser
04-10-2001, 04:14 PM
Ill chuck my hat into this ring cos my pet hate has been brought up crank bloody baits

e glass is the lighter and more responsive of the two but were not talking much and it is glass afterall so I find it makes little difference in the scheme of things.

why have loomis made crankbaits.. its a marketing descision
designed totally for the american market. we have them here for the sole reason to make shimano a few more $$$$ not to improve aussie fishing. #

allen

stuart email me will you

Sorry Allen,
I gotta disagree with you. I have two crank bloody baits, and I couldn't be happier with them. I use a 903 for Trolling and for casting 3/8oz spinnerbaits, and an 841 for Trolling and for casting Rio's to Flathead. They help compensate for the lack of stretch in braid, although this can also be helped with the use of the new Knotted Dog leaders. I'll stick with the crank bloody baits, and I'll soon be getting a 781 threadline for my bream luring as well. I s'pose it'd be a pretty boring world if we all like the same gear though wouldn't it. ;)

ulua
05-10-2001, 09:16 PM
Popping for GT. If I am not wrong, you are one of the sponsers on Allcoast right Steve? I am sure you are aware that S-Glass is superior to E-Glass in terms of weight and action. #Most long range anglers use glass more than full graphite sticks as they are much more durable. I have SW84-50s but they are way too stiff for prolonged popper casting for GT. Any idea if any Aussie blank maker produces S-Glass blanks like Seeker's SD8 or S36? My dad is over in Australia now and I could get him to bring a couple back for me if such blanks do exist. Otherwise, I'll just buy a few more from Bad-Fish when I place my 2nd order.

allen
06-10-2001, 07:24 AM
Popping for GT. If I am not wrong, you are one of the sponsers on Allcoast right Steve? I am sure you are aware that S-Glass is superior to E-Glass in terms of weight and action. #Most long range anglers use glass more than full graphite sticks as they are much more durable. I have SW84-50s but they are way too stiff for prolonged popper casting for GT. Any idea if any Aussie blank maker produces S-Glass blanks like Seeker's SD8 or S36? My dad is over in Australia now and I could get him to bring a couple back for me if such blanks do exist. Otherwise, I'll just buy a few more from Bad-Fish when I place my 2nd order.

ulua
If your looking at popper blanks why do you want any glass blank. slow, unresponsive, heavy. Their are heaps of light tipped fast actioned graphite blanks that are infanately better than anything you can make in glass for this job.

allen