PDA

View Full Version : Multi piece rods

Rumpig
19-09-2001, 06:40 PM
Gidday, I just saw a multi-piece rod in the Mo tackle cataloge and spotted a Diawa multi-piece rod, I can't remember what the model was but it was 6' and 6 pieces. If anyone has seen the cataloge what do they think of the rod?
Can anyone recommend a multi-piece that is 6',
Minimum or 4 pieces,
Rated at 2-4Kg
and for a threadline

Thanks

Mick

Master_Jig_Builder
20-09-2001, 04:26 PM
G'day Mick

Which (months) catalogue is that in? Could not find it in No. 71.

allen
25-09-2001, 08:29 AM
6 pce 6ft 6in thats sounds a bit strange to me especially form daiwa who make some of the better factory stuff going.

would doubt strongly that it would work properly any ways as it would be all join and no blank. For a rod that length your better off looking at no more than 3 pc as it will give you some action at least.
and best to go high modulus graphite for this type of rod as it can give you a more room for designing in an action glass would have to be sloppy at the tip then solid as a rock at the ferule then sloppy, solid, sloppy etc. not the sort of thing you want for a casting rod.

Rumpig
12-12-2001, 04:34 PM
I think I found what I want, it's another diawa but it's 6' long and a 4 piece and it looks a lot better, it costs around $160 and is in the firewolf (I dunno #;D) range, looks bloody good.
Say it again the other day for $150 and some stupid woman had had it put aside the day before and she didn't even leave a deposite GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Ahhh well, I'll have it next pay day LOL

Mick