PDA

View Full Version : Strudwick Spinsticks and baitcasters now !!!

Brett_Finger
12-09-2001, 02:16 AM
The new range of struddys is now out there on the shelfs for the public,the graphite compsation of these rods is insane with them weighing practualy nothing at all!!!!!!
the diamater of the rods are smaaaaaal and the strength is HUGE!!! nothing else from any manufacture comes close to these.
i was fortunate to have a fish with a new Strudwick TPS baitcaster in the 6-8kg range at shoalwater bay recently,thkeing species such as Barra, Fingermark,Salmon and HUGE estuary cod oh and sharks!
this stick took everything this heavy handed clown could out to it with ease.
i've been telling all my mates about these rods, so now it's time to let the cat out the bag,as Molly would say..DO YA SELF A FAVOR... go check out this great AUSSIE PRODUCT...
the brissy boat show will have a full range to look at.
also there is a link at the top of this site to visit!!
Hookin, Brett

allen
12-09-2001, 06:58 AM
brett

They are one hotpeice of Kit. the TPS blanks are simply AWESOME. I got my hands on a few preproduction blanks and
they were mindblowing. Pity I couldnt hang onto them as I would have dearly loved to keep them in my collection. I though my light loomis was a pretty damned good rod but one of the Strudwick blanks I had made it look like and ugly stick in comparison. I urge everone to check them out and seriously consider handing over the readys as these are the most exciting range of rods to hit the aussie market since graphite came in. Local to boot.

Slates
12-09-2001, 07:50 AM
G'day Chaps.
Any danger of Strudwick turning up for the Melbourne Fishing show again this year?

Cheers, Slates

Brett_Finger
12-09-2001, 10:19 AM
Fitzy,
mate on of Brissy's boat/Tackle companys will have them on display at the show, no worries.
Hookin, Brett

Steve_Ooi
12-09-2001, 12:58 PM
I was fortunate enough too have a quick session throwing one around and was very impressed, the rod was very light and responsive.
Its got my thumbs up.... :D
Steve O

Brett_Finger
12-09-2001, 03:35 PM
Toga-Boy,
yah ,mate thay are very responsive ;Da pleasure to chuck around.
Hookin, Brett

Christine
15-09-2001, 07:26 AM
The new spin/bait casters are designed and built by Brisbane based rod crafter Eric Grell.
They will be in the Springwood stand at the Brisbane Boat Show.

Christine

tonyp
15-09-2001, 08:39 AM
Although they may be a good rod ,I find that the price tag is way above what they should be.
Same as Loomis they both are Market driven with the price and for less money can get just as good a spin/cast rod.
Sorry Big fella as I know how much you love im.
Only consideration for the Struddie is the Love of the sport that Eric would put into making his. Sorry wont be getting my money.
tony

Christine
15-09-2001, 04:45 PM
Although they may be a good rod ,I find that the price tag is way above what they should be.
Same as Loomis they both are Market driven with the price and for less money can get just as good a spin/cast rod.
Sorry Big fella as I know how much you love im.
Only consideration for the Struddie is the Love of the sport that Eric would put into making his. Sorry wont be getting my money.

tony

If you're trying to compare to Diawa, Shakespear, Tica there is no comparison. Most use inferior graphite and components and they're just slapped together.

It's good to see there are some people out there who chose to buy cheap off shore product against something that's by and large Australian produced.

Christine

Smithy
28-09-2001, 02:19 PM
Taking economics into consideration, the question could be asked, is Tony better off spending $100 on an Asian rod so he can then spend the difference (anywhere from $100-$????) elsewhere in the Australian economy or buy the Australian product straight up and contribute to the economy that way? I choose to do the first thing. The cost of fuel is the only thing that limits my fishing and gear considerations. I own all factory rods but the multi-national fuel companies have done pretty well out of me in recent years. Consumer decisions are not always clear cut.

tonyp
28-09-2001, 05:56 PM
Hi Smithy,Looked at the list and of course will see you at somerset next weekend. :D for sure you will see me buzzing round the timber for a few hours, hopeing :(. On the rod side of things I go for a middle price rod and get a good reel as i wind and cast it all day long. , Aussie money i spend heaps on other tackle on the coast,and support local shops. Petrol is a evil need for us all and yes you can only drive so far on $20 .
I can imagine the amount you use offshore trolling. I can not aford to like the sport of thr deep blue sea! :) Take care see you on the water.

tony

Brett_Finger
30-09-2001, 02:30 AM
Tony,
mate shoot me a e-mail with ya mobile please mate.. have to chat about fishin!! ;D
Hookin,Brett

happygilmour
13-10-2001, 02:06 PM
STRUDWICK are a awsome rod and also have had a chance to play with them breifly. As a loomis owner I was first struck by the build quality, lightness and responsiveness these rod blanks have. The blanks are actually made in New Zealand by the Composite Developments factory. The rod blanks are not CD but strudwick as they source their own graphite and build to strudwick specs. The rods however are assembled in Qld as mentioned earlier. I just want to get on the band wagon as well . Strudwick are producing a top of the shelf product equivelant and if not better than those u.s manufacturers such as Loomis/Sage and from now on will support the Aussie industry. ;D ;D ;D
Aaron
GILMOUR CUSTOM FISHING RODS

Zahly
07-12-2001, 05:45 PM
hey brett
can u let me in on some information about shoalwater bay.
ive heard lots about it and people say the fishin is great.
gotta run

Zahly

Brett_Finger
10-12-2001, 04:57 PM
Zahly,
mate sorry to take a million years to get back to you,the shoalwater bay area is good fishin, real good.
i fished it reacently while field testing the Strudwick TPS 6-8kg Plug stick. took many-many fish on it without any complaint!!!it took everything i gave it and survived.
the best info can be obtained by contacting Tom Dildger of "Wakari Fishing Charters" in rockhampton.
tell him i sent ya ;D
Hookin,Brett.

Zahly
14-12-2001, 09:21 AM
hey
thanks brett ill do that