PDA

View Full Version : Lever drag abu line

davefin
31-12-2001, 06:19 PM
Just got a nice new abu 7000 lever drag, lovely reel but having problems with overrun when casting. First thought it was line [ 8 kg platypus pink] wound on too loose by tackle shop but I carefully rewound entire spool nice and evenly tight and still having problems.Have several size abus and generally have few problems.Spool runs very smooth, drag is best of all abus I have, any ideas for a different line out there?Used mainly casting off rocks/beach with occasional trolling/jigging off boat, line in 8-10 kg class.Thanks in advance.

Rumpig
31-12-2001, 07:06 PM
have you had a good fiddle with the spool tention thing on the side??

Mick

Luke
01-01-2002, 02:56 AM
Have you tried setting the tension so the bait drops slowly on freespool and not straight to the ground quickly. That is what I do for different weight baits and loosen it up slowly until I get in the groove. I have a 6500 c3 lever drag but it isn't a casting reel so I don't have the same problem but with my other Abus it can be hard to get the tension set right as you are either on or off and not a lot of leeway in between. Sort of like being on the brakes hard or on the accelerator flat out. Not quite that bad but hope you get my drift.
Luke

Volvo
01-01-2002, 06:02 AM
???Internally are they or should i say do they have the centrifugal brake lugs ya mount on the side of the spool ta slow it down some???.
Actually i dont think lever drags allow for that system ???and ya might just have ta practice thumbin it.
Cheers
Volvo