PDA

View Full Version : snag resistant lures

Steve_Ooi
22-02-2002, 04:24 PM
With jacks as barra I’ve found that some of the most successful lures have the ability to be casted into some awfully snaggy territory and then retrieved back through it with snagging up. These lures that are quite snag resistant can be worked more effectively through tough territory and this generally equates to more strikes and fish. More time fishing and less time retrieve lures and disturbing fish on snags.
What are your pick lures when it comes to working the timber?
One of my favourites would have to be the RMG Scorpion 68 mm ;D

Cheers Poony

Toddy
22-02-2002, 04:42 PM
The deep flatz ratzzzz.You can walk those thru some heavy country.
They have been good to me.
Toddy

Muzzy
22-02-2002, 09:07 PM
Both the ones you guys reckon are the better, the classics from gaden are okay at the 4WD action too.

One lure i have had problems with is the manns 20+ boof's
the hang like an anchor for me most times.

But most lures with a bib bottom wider than the sholders usually can get buy, braid helps heaps also gives that tuch more control.

the goulburn jack does okay, still find it hard to trust that bib works for others though.

Muz

P.S so whats the worst one for you guys?

Rumpig
23-02-2002, 05:14 AM
Stumpjumpers are the most snag resistant lures EVER!

Mick

Jack_Lives_Here
23-02-2002, 06:25 AM
Yeh gotta agree with Toddy, the Flatz Ratz are my pick. I like the 10+ for the timber work. Belt it deep into the crap and get ready.

Jack

Luke
23-02-2002, 06:44 AM
I'm with the scorpion. Positive bouyancy and comes up back end first.
Cheers Luke

Luke
23-02-2002, 06:46 AM
And spinnerbaits in the fresh I haven't had too many problems with besides overhanging branches.
Luke

krazyfisher
23-02-2002, 05:48 PM
if there is a snag in a river or creek I will find it and the C-LURE's are good at going over and around them

Katrina
23-02-2002, 06:11 PM
:P Dunno about them stumpjumpers, we left a few in logs in the middle of the Dumaresq River :'( :'( :'(. Really pretty purple shiny ones too! :-[. Oh well, I guess you get that. Spinnerbaits would have to be my pick in really snaggy country.