PDA

View Full Version : Kokoda Arrow Squid

happygilmour
17-02-2002, 11:59 AM
Hi All, just wanting to know if anyone has tried them. I bought two packs today.I got the smaller 9cm series and the larger 15cm version. They are made from soft rubber and look great. They have big eyes and come in a few different colours. I picked the whitish colour which also glow in the dark. I think the will be great on kingys and jigging on reefs etc. Anyone used them and had any success??
Thanks for any input.

Aaron

GILMOUR CUSTOM FISHING RODS

Rumpig
27-02-2002, 06:34 AM
I'd be interested to hear how you go with them, they look bloody good!

Mick

Jack_Lives_Here
27-02-2002, 08:01 AM
Yeh got some the other day. Also keen to give them a go jigging.

Hey Aaron, how ya gunna rig them??

Jack

happygilmour
27-02-2002, 01:19 PM
Hi Jack,
I'm thinking that I will run around 60lb mono through the body and maybe have a small sinker and a hook in the the tenticle area when using them to cast. For bottom fishing rigging like a live squid with 2 hooks, one through the top of the hood and the other in the head/tenticle area would give a good hook up rate but would damage the body.
What about yourself ???
Good luck with them Mick!
Cheers
Aaron

Goodoogetter
27-02-2002, 05:54 PM
One way I have rigged the squid is to attach a treble to a stainless trace, ( single strand wire ) pass the trace though a small ball sinker leaving about 2 - 3cm of wire above the sinker, then push the wire up through the body of the plastic squid so the sinker is in the head of the squid behind the eyes and twist a loop in the wire. The treble sits at the base of the tenticles and you can use a clip/swivel for quick attachment to your line. Good for flathead skipping it across gutters, have used it in fresh water also on Golden perch.
A variation is to leave the wire a little longer from the head of the squid to the loop, thread on a small piece of tube and a spoon and you have a great spinner.
Cheers,
The Goodoogetter.