PDA

View Full Version : Knotted dog???

Chris_J
28-02-2002, 02:36 PM
G'day #;D

today instead of buy my normal leader materail i got me self some knotted dogs......but i juss have one question......how do u attach 'em? ??? Do u juss tie them on like normal or what? #

Thanks in advance ;)

Chris #;D

Cremated_Reddog
28-02-2002, 03:01 PM
Chris, if you look under the pink tag you will find the instructions on how to attach them... best used with a bimini twist.

Chris_J
28-02-2002, 04:00 PM
the pack is been takin by the rubbish man as i type :-[

Is a albright knot alright? Do i tie it on from the end with the loop or the other end???

Sorry for my igonrance

Cj

aussiebasser
28-02-2002, 04:08 PM
the pack is been takin by the rubbish man as i type :-[

Is a albright knot alright? Do i tie it on from the end with the loop or the other end???

Sorry for my igonrance

Cj

Hi Chris,
Don't use an Albright knot. Tie a Bimini in your main line. Pass the double through the tiny loop in the KD. Clamp the loop to the double between thumb and forefinger. weave the KD back through the double over then under, under then over, about 8 times. Moisten and tighten. If you have problems, either go to the tackle shop where you bought them, or post back here, and I'll scan a pick tomorrow.

Bullwinkle
28-02-2002, 04:14 PM
How you going Chris? Go to www.harro.com and look at the knots i'm pretty sure theres a drawing there for it.

Bullwinkle
28-02-2002, 04:17 PM
Sorry it should have been www.harro.com.au.

Bullwinkle
28-02-2002, 04:21 PM
Just went there this will get you to the drawing goto How-to's then look at the X-KNOT its the same for the KD's.

Roman
28-02-2002, 04:51 PM
This is it here dude.
http://www.harro.com.au./images/bionicbind.jpg

Chris_J
28-02-2002, 05:14 PM
Thanks for that fellas.....its all good........ got it all worked out thanks to that drawin ::)

CJ ;)

aussiebasser
01-03-2002, 02:50 PM
This is it here dude.
http://www.harro.com.au./images/bionicbind.jpg

OK OK, I should have known that. It's easier to draw than it is to describe too. :-[ :-[

Fitzy
11-03-2002, 07:03 PM
A commonly used Albright version is to double over your main line, take you leader thru the loop, around both sides of the mainline upto 10 times (depending on line thicknesses) & go back out thru the loop the same direction you entered.

Is always hard to describe in text. Much easier to show.

Col_Wiley
17-03-2002, 03:21 PM
Whilst on Knotted Dog, is it any good #???
Chasing Barra next week thought I might give it a try with braid.

Cremated_Reddog
17-03-2002, 05:24 PM
Col, you'll be pushin sh*t up hill to get any better than these. so easy to put on even I can do it. ;D

dazza
18-03-2002, 04:26 AM
Col,
I have been using KD's for a few months now. I don't know if I have had any improvement in hookup rate or not. They are easy to use. One problem is the snap they use. Bloody fiddley and the snaps difficult to buy (for me anyway). I like to change the snaps every trip as I recon they get weakened from changing lures all the time. As far as abrasion resistance goes they beat normal leader hands down. Have only broken one since I've been using them. I think that was the result of something big and with a mouth full of teeth.
I think they are a good product. Probably won't go out of my way to buy more, but I'd grab a pack every now and then. Apparently they come in different sizes the ones I've been using are the "barra cast"
Cheers
Dazza

Brett_Finger
19-03-2002, 04:31 AM
Dazza,
mate the KD's are extreamly abrasive resistant, and as for the clips we have had 80lb stress put on the clips pn the barra cast and thay have not falted.i used one dog for three mouinths straight takeing litreley a few hundred fish on them from estuary cod to coral trout.(and yes i was fishing very good country ;D ) the KD is now hanning on my wall. a chap i know went to Bendsback River in New-Guini last year, he showed me a dog that had taken over 100 Barra in a day up to 38lb and it was certionly skuffed but defently not worn out!! i have been useing these leaders for 3 yearsnow and seen the advancement through the different lines and clips, and the dog you get off the shelf today is by far and above ANY leader and leader material avibale on the Market.
Hookin,Brett

dazza
19-03-2002, 02:28 PM
MMMMMMM
Bendsback- PNG
It's only about an hour or so north from here. Might have to give one of those dog's a propper stretch.
They recon it's barra paradise.
I'm workin on it
Cheers
Dazza