PDA

View Full Version : boots for rock fishing

brian_hawkins
18-04-2002, 08:20 AM
Can someone tell me if they have used felt or artificial grass or normal carpet glued onto soles as antislip factor on slimey rocks and did it work. Can felt soled rock shoes be bought anywhere?

kevin
26-06-2002, 04:14 PM
The only good rock shoe that I have had was a sandshoe with the steel serated plates attached to them you still have to be careful on them as you are wearing raised shoes

spinna
26-06-2002, 04:25 PM
Yes you can bye rock cleats but you have to be very careful as you have to get used to wearing them . But my self i just use the good old volley sand shoe ;)i've treid cleats and found that they where not the best :'(. i've fished to rocks now for about 20 years and if it looks like i have to wear cleats :( well i shouldn't be there :'(

cheers spinna ;)

Jason_L
27-06-2002, 11:54 AM
i just wear my sneakers on the rocks. or my wet boots.. sneakers are good if the rocks aren't wet because they grip with the rubber soul.

but if the rocks are wet then wear the wet boots, also if your climbing around rocks you can push your foot into a wedge.

might hurt a little bit because there isn't much padding on these boots, but it saves falling.