PDA

View Full Version : fish finders

blue
10-07-2002, 11:12 AM
???g'day all, we are looking to buy a new fishfinder it does not have to do cardtricks though a good view of tyhe bottom would be handy, have been told the lowrance x51 is a good basic thing I would appreciate feedback from anyone whos got one or can offer any suggestions thanks

gruntahunter
10-07-2002, 02:33 PM
gday blue ,I,ve just got the littliest hummingbird and I find it suits my needs------ seeing the bottom, showing depth and occassionally showing me some fish. lol .It navigates me around shallow waters that i know at night without running aground (too often ).Mate it all depends on what u require but if its just 4 the creeks and rivers ,and out in the bay reefs u dont really need to spend that much.

krazyfisher
11-07-2002, 04:55 AM
I have been with a mate who has a X51 it is a great sounder. I had the model before it and is was good as a basic sounder you could not go past them. I upgraded to a raytheon or apelco l365 and no have one of the humminbird ledgends and have been good the othe humminbirds don't have the resolution though, anyhow for the basic stuff go with the X51

Lucky_Phill
11-07-2002, 01:49 PM
All depends on your budget, areas you want to fish and depths.

For my money, most applications , a Lowrance will suit fine. I use Furuno offshore. And in the Tinnie I have a X28 for the bay etc.

The X65 is very good, and the step up to the X85 will see you in the top model for most purposes.

Lowrance have a great service record.