PDA

View Full Version : Bando / Banax Reels

Suds
20-07-2002, 02:20 AM
Here's a question from America.

Last fall I fished up a Banax BMG 605 out of 60 feet of water while flounder fishing. Full of mud and covered in a light layer of coral, I cleaned it up and it works great. I have been completely unable to locate any over here in the States, no one has ever heard of them! What it was doing within sight of New York City I have no clue!. It seems to be very close to the Abu 6500, in fact I replaced a part using one from an old Abu 6.

I was wondering if any of you were familiar with them, are they any good? And is there somewhere I could order another 605 over the net?

Thank much for any input.

klyons
20-07-2002, 05:31 PM
Suds
I haven't used a Banax baitcaster but I have owned a banax threadline for 6 or so years. Its been used heaps and still feels like new. Have read some reviews and all have been positive. The reels are imported into Aus by Top Catch and sold through Tackleworld tackle stores(amongst others I presume).Banax reels are not mentiond on their website www.tackleworld.com.au however you could email them.Banax also have a web site www.banax.com.kr where you can see the current range.

Hope this helps

Kev

Suds
22-07-2002, 08:19 AM
Klyons,

Thanks for the link. #Unfortunately they did not reply to my email request to purchase the reel. I also tried contacting Banax but their email keeps coming back as undeliverable.

Anyone know any other places I might try???

al_neibling
17-04-2007, 09:37 PM
I believe banax is sold by Gladiator, call their head office in Sydney 02 9721 9399 they should be able to help you out.

Cheers
Al

cammac
18-04-2007, 04:46 PM
Gladiatortackle.com.au they got them all!!

bushbeachboy
19-04-2007, 04:24 AM
Hi Suds,
That phone number from your perspective is +612 9721 9399. Remember the time difference. You can check it on www.worldtimeserver.com (http://www.worldtimeserver.com)
Cheers

steveyb
19-04-2007, 09:22 AM
Hi Suds

Just so I don't have our fax machine ringing for enquiries. GLADIATOR Tackle are the agents for Banax here in Australia. If you need any help please feel free to get in contact with us. Our contact details are as follows:

Ph: +612 9721 9388
Fax: +612 9721 9399
E-mail: info@gladiatortackle.com.au
www.gladiatortackle.com.au (http://www.gladiatortackle.com.au)

Best regards
Steve Blackmore
General Manager