PDA

View Full Version : reflective tape

kevin
13-05-2002, 02:30 PM
does anyone know where i can buy some reflective tape that is in the form of a paper clip holograph silver reflective.this tape is self adheavise
Looks like good news from the Master Jij Builder
So far I have had no luck in Australia the US seems to be the answer.The next week and I sould have the answers

DR
14-05-2002, 04:31 AM
Try phoning free phone 1800 683 311. A co. called Spandex they supply to trade but am sure they can tell you where to get it. Have not seen paper clip motive . they have 9 different styles
good luck
DR

DR
14-05-2002, 04:33 AM
just had a thought, that is for self adhesive not the sew on type
DR

reelcrazy
14-05-2002, 05:55 AM
Hey Kev

Presumably you are looking for some laser/holographic reflective foil to add sparkle to your lures.

Surprisingly I've found a wealth of this stuff available in stickers for kids, and in sheets to cover their books.

I usually shape cut to fit a lure, then once I've stuck it on, give it a couple of coats of clear epoxy.

This is dynamite on metal slices, and I usually get transparent holographic film for these.

The most effective foil I found was off a packet of razor cartridge blades. It was a great and flashy green and silver background.

I simply soaked the pack in hot water, and peeled off the foil.

A little adhesive on the slice, and a couple of coats of clear nail polish, and it works better than before, the tailor love it.

Look around the supermarket, all this stuff is there waiting to be recycled.

Tom.

blaze
11-06-2002, 06:37 AM
Hi
Drop in and see your closest signwriter, they will have scaps laying around or old stock

Master_Jig_Builder
20-06-2002, 06:19 PM
Use these and the reflective tape is redundant, plus the flash never comes off.

http://www.outdoorcart.com/demon/rclureau.htm

Master_Jig_Builder
22-06-2002, 11:30 AM
Thanks for your e-mail Kev. I may have found what you want. Just waiting for confirmation - or otherwise - from our suplier in the US.

Will e-mail you when I have an answer.

kevin
21-07-2002, 05:06 AM
Thanks to all the suggestions
Steve from Master Jig Builder has solved the mystery and sent a sample of the tape to us
Great work Steve and I'll here from Steve very soon to place an order with him
Regards Kevin

Master_Jig_Builder
23-07-2002, 03:27 AM
It took some hunting down Kev as you know, but we definately have the right tape type. I can now see why you wanted just this shape. It is serious in the reflection department.

More news shortly once I hear back from the US in terms of minimum lengths and cost.