PDA

View Full Version : Tackle Shop - Brisbane

StevenFay
18-07-2002, 04:54 AM
HI All,
Have just recently moved to Brisbane, and am going on my annual fishing trip to Fraser,
Where is the best place to buy Alvey reels, and an assortment of tackle in Brisbane?
Thanks in Advance,
Steven

Jason_L
18-07-2002, 05:19 AM
try the yellow pages.

you could try ####### all sports.. they supply lots of gear at a really good price, unfortunately i doubt the people there would be able to supply you with information reguardng fishing in brisbane.. but i could be wrong.

Steve_Ooi
18-07-2002, 05:27 AM
Try Springwood marine, the guy's there give really good service, know their tackle and can give you a run down on a few spot to try around the Brisbane area.
You can also buy gear like Alvey reels right here at Ausfish. http://www.ausfish.com.au/alvey/

Cheers Poony

bugman
18-07-2002, 05:55 AM
I'm a fan of The Tackle Wharehouse on Old Cleveland Road for range and Jones' Tackle at Lutwyche is also great for service.
Bugman

StevenFay
18-07-2002, 12:36 PM
Thanks guys, will check those place out

Heath
18-07-2002, 03:21 PM
If you go to Springwood marine, ask for Trav, he'll help you out ;)

craigie
19-07-2002, 01:28 PM
I'm a big A/mart fan too.

Try the Capalaba store, get Stephen or Mark to help you, they may give you an extra discount if you spend a few dollars.

Cheers
Craigie.

CHRIS_aka_GWH
19-07-2002, 01:49 PM
tackle warehouse tend to be a bit expensive but have got a great range. Personally I like Capt'n Blighs in Logan(fair prices, good range) & Springwood marine marine tackle shop have always matched any price I've found. About 2 years back Kmart had marked $20 off an ugly stick spin stick - I went back 2 days later & they'd sold out. Went to Springwood Marine with my story of woe.They had the rod in stock & knocked a further $10 off the Kmart reduced price with a smile & a wink. Ever since I go there first (the prices are always good), if they don't stock it, I go around the corner to Capt'n Blighs.
chris

clutter
24-07-2002, 05:37 PM
Blighs is a great spot to go. They will match and most times better any legitimate price you come to them with. Also give you extended warranties on reels over that provided by the manufacturer eg shimano 1 year, Blighs 3 years. Just check but thats what I have gotten in the past. Clutter.

Beggsy
25-07-2002, 08:56 AM
I prefer Mossops at Capalaba. They're the only ones I've found who stock the "Tru-Turn" hooks I like to use,

Craigie,

How do you find the quality of the AMart stuff ?
I bought some made-up gangs of 3/0's for Tailor from AMart - broke 3 of them getting them into the Pilly - got bitten/snapped off on the middle hook twice and dropped most of the others.....
Not going back there again.

craigie
25-07-2002, 10:09 AM
Hi Beggsy,

Never purchased any of their pre-ganged hooks, only boxes of open-eyed and ganged my own. Purchased heaps of Rods and Reels from A/Mart which are going just fine.

Mossops at Capalaba have shut up shop, it seems that they just couldn't compete with A/mart. Bit of a shame actually, as it was good to have a look in both places before I made a purchase.The young guy named Michael, who runs the Fishing section in A'mart was a previous employee of Mossop's, may have been a bit of bad blood when he departed, Good thing to come out of it was he would try and better any deal Mossop's offered.

See ya down on the Point again soon Beggsy :) :)

Cheers
Craigie

Beggsy
25-07-2002, 10:55 AM
Yeah mate,

Hopefully tonight - if I can get away for a few hours......

jaybee
25-07-2002, 03:50 PM
I shop exclusively at capn blighs. Once up in Rockhampton the tackle warehouse shop gave me a price on a reel..i didnt have the cash..told them where i lived, they said go to blighs n give them this quote if they dont match it they will send it down by courier for the same price. Blighs matched and lowered the price. Went in there today with $90 in my pocket my bill came to $123..told them i only had 90 not a problem that will do..but this isnt the first time they have looked after me.
cheers.