PDA

View Full Version : Want to buy gps, any thoughts?

snakes
30-08-2002, 07:16 PM
Im looking at buying a handheld gps because of the fishing i do i do a bit of trout fishing at various lakes in victoria and new south and also fish port philip bay so i will be using it in the boat as well as on land so can anybody point me in the right direction.
rgds
snake

Lucky_Phill
31-08-2002, 11:56 AM
well snakes, this subject seems to pop up all the time. My opinion is you can't go past Garmin.

jaybee
31-08-2002, 01:43 PM
I agree with Phil..I was looking at the Garmin 126 only $10 more then the navman..I am happy with the navman but went this way due to space as the Garmin has a much larger screen. The downside of the Navman is you cant hook it up to the pc but does the same job as the Garmin in all other aspects. However, next time I will not take space into consideration over being able to hook a GPS up to my pc . Oh by the way if you are in Brisbane..Johnny Applseed is the place to buy..you can get software upgrades for free. http://www.ja-gps.com.au/
cheers.

Kerry
01-09-2002, 05:05 PM
Without getting into specific makes/models any GPS that can't be downloaded (uploaded) or have software available to support that funtion is a step behind the times.

The data has the value not the black box, without the data a black box is just a black box.

Cheers, Kerry.
#

snakes
02-09-2002, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the reply guy's but are there any perticular model that you would suggest.

blaze
05-09-2002, 01:44 PM
Hi snake
Just brought a garmin etrex, only had it a couple days, very happy, about the same size as a moble phone. brought the unit off ############# for $248, recommended retail $455, unit new but missing retail box , hope this helps
blaze