PDA

View Full Version : i made a "BoMb"

snappa
19-01-2004, 03:59 PM
Sitting in the shed after finishing the yard I decided to try my hand at making a bomb in anticipation of getting out to fish this week
Used webby’s ideal about the split pins and followed the posts from members ;D
Except I never filled the bucket to the top with sand, that allow the can to open up. Found mums old cast iron kettle, :o used it too melt the lead … another ideal I got from the posts

Looking at the bomb maybe I cut the can too short ???
Is the weight of one of these heavy enough, seems a bit light compared to the bought one I had ::)
I also purchased some 2mm cord that I intend to lower the bomb with, is it suitable or will I have to keep the wire ???
I thought the cord would be a safety issue if the bomb gets snagged on bottom :-X

I added a paint job and a teaser that will attract the large fish and then see a little fish following behind….wham !!!!!!! :o

“You idiot” I can hear you all say

webby
19-01-2004, 04:08 PM
Only looks like half a can there peter, need the full length can for weeight, better try again ;D
And paint it black, or it may disappear on the first drop, and forget all the fancy dressings. its only a big sinker mate not a lure ;D
regards

Big_Kev
19-01-2004, 04:19 PM
That is one sexy looking bomb.
Pete a beer can filled to the top with lead will weigh 5 kilo.
Just cut the top out and outvert the inverted bottom with a cut off broom handle rounded end until domed and nice and smoothby bashing on the lawn.
If you try to hard you will stuff it up(split) and have to start with a new can.
But that is a good enough excuse to drink another coldie("hicup") to gain new can.(DAM IT)
I lost my bomb to the sea last week when I left it hanging when traveling and the way that sucker sank I didn't have a hope of getting it back.
I wouldn't be using the cord as the drag on the wire I have .9mm is incredible when trolling.
Hope this helps Kev "hicup"

snappa
19-01-2004, 04:33 PM
do you think the fish will have your views about the bomb
and be attracted ;D

Big_Kev
19-01-2004, 04:49 PM
Only if they are horny Pete.

nofrills
19-01-2004, 06:18 PM
hey peter

yea mate like the others said paint the bomb black.its not uncommon to have sharks give the bomb a bit of a mouth when trolling which normally snips your line so you dont want it attracting attention to itself.but thats still one sexy lookin bomb and i dont want you to feel that the effort isnt appreciated :-* :-*

cheers scott

Fatty
20-01-2004, 07:01 AM
that is one spunky looking piece of lead you have put togeather there pete dont know how long it will last with the local noah population :P ;) how heavy is the bomb ??? ???
regards darren (fatty)

Lucky_Phill
20-01-2004, 12:02 PM
" You Idiot "

Yes pete, ya beat me to it !

As I have posted , try using a pressure pak can, tyreshine, degreaser etc. they are much longer than a coke can and stronger.

I didn't use the sand bucket, cause if the lead is pouring out of a hole/ crack ya missed pluggin, you'll never see it.

Also with the pressure pak can, you can achieve a much longer tail, which will help with swimming straight, etc

Nice paint job..............NOT ! ::)

keep at it, ;D ;)

Phill

Big_Kev
20-01-2004, 04:22 PM
Actually Pete I am starting to get a little toey myself.
What did you say her name was? LOL
Whatever you do don't melt her down. I will buy her from you and give her a good home in the boat room.
Cheers Kev.

clutter
20-01-2004, 06:16 PM
Remember not to use this one on the berley bomb Peter.

Clutter