PDA

View Full Version : Where is the best place to buy sinker moulds?

thebandit
01-02-2004, 05:49 AM
Where is the best place to buy sinker moulds in Brisbane?

thanks

agnes_jack
01-02-2004, 06:02 AM
Check all the second hand places first.
They often turn up in cash converters etc. They have become very expensive to buy new these days, almost to the point where unless you need stacks of em, your better off buying your sinkers! One way to do it would be to get a few blokes to chuck in for the moulds so you can all use them.

Regards Tony

Lucky_Phill
01-02-2004, 10:58 AM
Over the years I have collected just about every size in sinker mould ( except for size 1 down t o the 0's etc. )

I make a bucket load of sinkers about once every two years for me and mates. Lucky I can get the lead for zip.

As Tony says, it is probably a false economy to buy moulds these days, unless of course you want dropper leads, cause they run out at about a $ a pop.

Good luck with this.

Phill

thebandit
01-02-2004, 11:33 AM
went looking today and couldn't find any, guess i will just have to keep looking around the fishing shops until i get lucky.

agnes_jack
01-02-2004, 11:42 AM
Bandit
If you want to buy them new any good tackle store should be able to order them in for you. If you cant find them send me a pm and Ill organize some for you.

Regards, Tony

thebandit
01-02-2004, 12:27 PM
ok ill keep looking for a week or two.. and ill try and order some from a tackle store if not ill send u a pm.

thanks

Big_Kev
02-02-2004, 01:44 AM
Try K/Mart.

jimbamb
02-02-2004, 08:07 AM
If ya not in a hurry, i got mine at garage sales picked em up fo a few buks.Just keep looking,they will turn up
If ya near the sunny coast I could lend ya a couple if ya like(outside Stuff mainly)

CHRIS_aka_GWH
03-02-2004, 10:44 AM
just went thru the process of sourcing some new size 6 & size 8 barrel moulds myself ... at $1.60 or so a sinker to buy in that size & free lead from an aqauintance I thought I'd give it a go.

the winner is Captn Blighs in Logan City. They had the largest range of sinker moulds at the cheapest price (but there is only a dollar in it price wise ) but their range is outstanding. You are looking at around about $20 / mould, bigger moulds for larger sinkers above $20 smaller sinker moulds a bit less than $20.

The tacklewarehouse at Coorparoo had a mould ($49) (complete with wire inserts) to make lead slugs for mackeral fishing.

hope this helps.

seeyainthesurf,

chris

thebandit
06-02-2004, 07:23 AM
thanks all i ended up finding sinker moulds at a fishing store.